Embracing elemental beauty, absorbing a niche culture and providing a stage for vibrant living, the interaction of home and sea is endlessly intriguing.We have learned that designing in this context is as diverse as the coast itself, with histories, native materials, exposures, views, neighborhood fabrics and outdoor activities that can change around every headland. From the ocean's edge to the surrounding ranges, from north to south, the notion of dwelling in a coastal environment consistently defies a singular response.
Our Coast Projects
- Anthony Residence > Single Family Residential
- Davis Residence > Single Family Residential
- Entrada de Santa Barbara > Hotel
- Falcon House > Single Family Residential
- Fuller Residence > Single Family Residential
- Greenworth House > Single Family Residential
- Harmony Ranch > Single Family Residential
- K1 > Mixed Use
- Manzanita Village > Institutional
- Mussel Shoals > Single Family Residential
- Ocean House > Single Family Residential
- Tice Residences > Multi-Family, Residential
Additional Hotel Projects
Entrada de Santa Barbara
Entrada de Santa Barbara, one of Santa Barbara’s largest private developments in decades, comprises a complex of buildings set on three sites, and includes the historic 1924 Californian Hotel.
This mixed use coastal development, located blocks away from the Pacific Ocean, consists of a high-end 123-room boutique hotel, 22,000 square feet of commercial space, a large parking garage, all arrayed around a grand public plaza. Intended to enhance and connect lower State Street and the Wharf waterfront to Downtown, Entrada de Santa Barbara also takes its place as the gateway to the expanding Funk Zone and Urban Wine Trail.
The Hotel Californian opened mid-September 2017.