From distant Moorish origins to new-world Spanish influences to our own Colonial heritage – the revival genre is at once pure and complex. It asks you to understand origin, lineage, craft and indigenous materials then interpret and transform these into something relevant and capable for todayWe are extremely well-versed and experienced in the revival genre, which has come from our enduring pursuit of its details, learning its nuances and crafting examples. We are life-long fans and, possibly, obsessed.
Our Revival Projects
- 603 San Ysidro > Single Family Residential
- Apple Oaks Ranch > Single Family Residential
- Chapala One > Mixed Use
- Entrada de Santa Barbara > Hotel
- Greene Residence > Single Family Residential
- Hope Ranch Stable > Single Family Residential
- Llano Road House > Single Family Residential
- Miradero Lane House > Single Family Residential
- Sea Ranch > Single Family Residential
- Shields Residence > Single Family Residential
Additional Mixed Use Projects
Recently completed, this Moorish inspired mixed-use project is located on lower Chapala Street in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. The ground floor includes 9,200 square feet of commercial space over a two-level subterranean parking garage.
The 46 residential lofts are grouped into four quads, each focusing on an elevated pedestrian paseo that is lined with mature landscaping and colorful, lively water features. The upper levels are connected by bridges that span the paseo and afford views to the court below.
The project is at the edge of Mission Creek and a riparian area that both have been restored to create viable habitats for native plants and animals. All units are single-story and feature generous spaces with tall ceilings and private decks.
2009 AIA Santa Barbara Chapter Merit Award